Wednesday, July 11, 2007

The Mink Hat-Siberia Trip

Cathy Bytwerk and I flew together to Moscow and then transferred to Tyumen. During that second flight, God placed a woman next to us who acted like she was our hostess during that flight. Any time we had a need or a question, she responded very graciously. Thank You, Lord, for sending her to help us. Just before disembarking in Tyumen, the lady said to me, “You do not have a proper Russian hat.” I thought that was rather strange since she had been so kind to us. I was wondering what a proper Russian hat for a woman really is. It was very cold while we were there and I had brought hats that were suited for a Michigan winter. But, it never gets to 34 degrees below zero in Michigan! My last day in Tyumen, a very dear widow found my translator, Alexie, and presented me with a proper Russian hat. She told me I did not have a proper Russian hat…the same words the other woman had spoken. It is absolutely gorgeous, Mink to boot. My last day there I wore my new hat knowing that God wanted me to have a proper Russian hat. When I return to Siberia I will be sure to share this story with my widows and wear the beautiful hat a dear widow provided for me.

No comments: